Friday, May 23, 2008

To Blog or Not To Blog...

I'm hoping that blogs are a lot like pickles -- once you get the first one out of the jar, the rest come pretty easily.

I've though about blogging for quite a while, and now that I have one, it's rather like the perfect pages of a brand new journal... hard to know where to start. Can't start at the beginning because I'd never catch up. Reluctant to start with "now" because there's so much good stuff that's hanging out there waiting to be written about.

So, I guess the answer is just to blog "ALOT" -- that stands for A Little of This and A Little of That. My goal is to write three times a week and chronicle my quest to quench my soul thirst with the Living Water.

The theme song from "Monk" says, "It's a jungle out there..." Personally, I think it's a desert out there. Wandering in the world will give you a glass of sand for your thirsty soul. It's like an mirage, shimmering and enticing, but not a bit satisfying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Appreciation, gratitude, and love I was reminded recently are the highest form of energy....For me that means God's Holy Spirit at the core of my being reaching out to call us to renewal. I appreciate your sharing and the weekly newsletter...Keep drinking from "The Fountain of God's Word" Love the nature pictures too...

Kim said...

Hi Susan,

You are invited to play a bloggers game of tag. Answer the questions, link back to me, and join the fun.

I can't wait to see what you say.

Kim, http://ChristSaturated.blogspot.com